TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

memoirs of a-lisa lmao

damn I just wrote a whole blog and I did something to make it disappear...sort of a blog copperfield.

well, i'm back from nyc and that was my best trip in a minute. a few thoughts of my trip

-public transportation is a beast!!!! and the subways rock!!! I was all, "ima catch the shuttle from grand central to times square and catch the 1 downtown" lmao cause you couldn't catch me on rita (rta) in New Orleans, but with gas prices at $3.43 (my gosh what a humbling experience, an i'm complaining about $2.87 ::smirk::) I’d be a train hopper too.

-New Yorkers are sooo cool. Everyone we met was ridiculously cool. Shot out to Muhammad...thanks for entertaining us between our missed taxis, wrong taxis and just plain getting lost...and I know u made us miss one of them on purpose.


-everybody in new york is a hustla.
period.

-gosh the weather was great this weekend!!!!

-times square and china town remind me of new orleans...no really!!!

After a night of dinner with my coworkers I decided to walk to my hotel instead of catching a cab. I decided to take 5th ave to 42nd and then just walk down to 2nd...lol I think im sooo cool!!! I forgot that rockefeller center was on 5th so I made a detour to peep the nbc studios and a tour of the building. While taking pics this security guard asks me if I got some good pics. Now i'm not even gonna lie but dude caught me off guard so I was all "naw" cause I did't know him like that. So then he asked me where I was from, and I told him new orleans. He told me that was interesting and that he was taking a break and wanted to talk to me. I was put off by him just by the fact that I didn't know him, I was by myself and it was kinda late. So I was all, "naw that's alright, I need to make it home" In between those words I think something was lost in translation. I walked away and he followed me yelling for me to hold on. I stopped and he told me he was from Africa, and he was a student at Columbia pursuing a masters in International studies and when I told him I was from new orleans he connected that with katrina and wanted to talk to me about that. but then he went on and told me that it was okay that I didn't want to talk to him, he attributed it to my assimilation to american individualistic culture. He told me that although I might not have wanted to talk to him about this he still had to pursue it and because I didn't help, that gave way for him to ask somebody else. I stood and listened and mentally agreed with what dude was saying, but it was late and I was by myself and still had a lil ways to go before I got home.

Sorry

while out yesterday I forgot to put sunscreen lotion on...or maybe I didn't bring it with me because I could only pack the essentials since I had to put my carry on items in with my luggage...so to make a long story short im a lil sunburned. uhhh it sucks cause my bottom lip is a lil burnt too...ughhhh gross

im sure more things happened on my trip but im just to tired to think, YES!!!! I feel sleep coming on.

holla at ya'll later

here are some pics

Elisa and Billie Sings da Blues



Jessica is an ass


So....u just glue it in??


You can either walk this way and get my cheesecake, or walk THAT WAY and go home...lmao at da band



















"linen shorts so my balls don't get hot" lol




No comments: