remember when Nia Long used to be in all of Chico Debarge's videos? and he and Joe were a duo...well it seemed like it
just remembering
I fell like that Superwoman Stevie was singing about
very well
but the fact is...
I need You
'member when the cosby's visited stevie at the studio "j-j-jammin on the one...robert...r-r-robert" lol, simpler times
I must admit, I've been living in the past for the last week, sorta having my own version of "I luv the 80s (and early 90s edition)
it started off with me having to work late last week. I needed to vibe to something but the regulars on the ipod weren't hittin it
so i started with a little pop rock in the Goo Goo Dolls "and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think they'd understand. when everything’s made to be broken, i just want you to know who I am"
don't ask me why, but that lead me to bump the celine dion "let's talk about love" cd. classic. i remember being in a hotel for one of those hurricanes driving my moms and my aunt crazy with that joint "tell him that the sun and moon rise in his eyes, reach out to him. and whisper, tender words so soft and sweet. i'll hold him close to feel his heart beat. love will be the gift u give yourself"
yeah and by that time my g.m. was raggin on me, so u know i had to go to the r&b vault...well not really vault...let's say r&b piggy bank
"Now it may be cold on the east coast, but on the other side of town...it never rains" now i think i heard Al Roker challenge this on the Today show this morning
Then i had to bring it back to the days long before the ipods and cds and even purchasing cassette tapes...yes pirating at its best...taping joints straight from the radio. waiting for that special song to be on your "hot 8 at 8" or whatever it was in your city and pressing that pause button to let your song record.....AHHHhhhhh Shit naw
"And I'll be thinking bout you
Every night and everyday
Cause in my heart I know
That I never should've let you go
And my love for you is stronger than I ever knew
But I couldn't tell you so
That I never should've let you go
Is there someone else,
standing where I stood
Giving you the love you never got from me
Girl I would give you the world
if I only could
Girl you will see
Will you come back to me
Won't you come back to me"
but u know what...naw ima let them tell u why...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment