Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we practice to deceive
Is the D.C. Madam getting the same ish some people gave Superhead and Nas' baby mama (the latter i still have otha issues with)
Whatup B.F!!!!! I know it's been a while but
1. my computer is damn near dead...I'm hoping I can pull a Lazarus on it
2. it's summatime Baby!!! i'm getting my Vaca on!!!!
Well Essence just rapped up down here and I can tell you that I'm sooo happy for them to be back Home. I know everybody claims their hometown to be the best but the cultural core of New Orleans is truly unfucwitable. period.
I've been reading Jeanie's Time for Living and been catching the hints of racism Obama is trowing into the Katrina mix...see when you have a class titled "Race & Katrina" that ish could get u real pissed when you see how people are loosely connecting the two...when they are exclusively related to one another. I skipped out on the Hilary and Obama sessions...had it not been an election year I would've stayed but...it's the same ole message of campaigning going around.
I actually had a mini conversation with Common about rebuilding in the N.O. We went to a little meet and greet and they were trynna to get me to purchase another BE cd...naw I'll pass....I lost the first during Katrina and had to buy another. So I was telling him all this then he asked how I had been since the storm "Sheeed I'm alright...I got everything I need...but there are lots of others who don't even have the RIGHT to return HOME! Everybody wants to help New Orleans or try to help but no one is diagnosing the correct treatment because we don't want to acknowledge our own accountabilities in the realms of personal and social responsibility" His publist was trying to get us to hurry the hell up and take the picture to keep the line moving...BUT...eff it...I was talking to Common...and dude seemed interested ;) I went to his concert in the superlounge that night and was in the front row...had i not had the mini-convo with him earlier i wouldn't have thought he was talking to me when he looked at me from the stage and said "Be strong Sis...I got ur back...." he said some other stuff but I was trippin cause If u know Me...u know I'm saving an egg for this dude lol M.Dot...LMAO
here's a small pic of me and my egg donor lol LMAO
OMG sooo i'm on the phone with my cuz so...Bye bye Blog
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was just talking to someone about this Marxist professor I had in college. Everything was about class and poverty, nothing was ever mentioned about race, and most of the time, he couldn't even acknowledge a connection.
Yeah... I've been getting annoyed with Obama because of some of the rhetoric. In the little piece of that speech, he says America ("we") woke up in response to Katrina and the inadequate response - - he just always always has to talk from the safe point of view. I didn't have to do any waking up to realize that racism and poverty exist, neither do most poor people/people of color. So who's "we" and who's "America", who's conscience was awakened? Even the slightest suggestion from him that racism and poverty are problems of the past or problems of an unimportant few is disturbing.
And you're right, he doesn't discuss connections between race and class, he plays it safe. Part of me says, he has to do that, the other part gets pissed off.
"Safe" further marginalizes already marginalized groups...i.e. poor, Black, Women.
When does he stop playing safe??? when/if he gets in the white house? Who Still benefits from this Safe approach??? Not the ones who are being systematically hurt by it.
I choose question the hidden agenda of people/institutions who don't interconnect All systems of oppressions to analyze situations...i.e. Katrina
Post a Comment