TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Thursday, February 02, 2006

that's okay barcardi, i've been anti social too

lo siento por ti ;-( not in the sarcastic way that we invented the phrase in but I'm sorry to all that I have been anti-social to the umpth degree. I've just been living in Post-Katrina New Orleans and well just don't feel like talking to anyone. It's not that I'm maliciously screening and dodging calls but the ringer is just kept on permanent silent, the days pass, mornings i wake up go to work, come home and watch a little t.v. and go to sleep, very uneventful.

I think that's why i write in this blog, so i can have a vicarious phone conversation through my writings...i know its a lame excuse but well, i'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings cause i promise "it's me, not u" lol

On another subject, I watched the first part of Henry "Skip" Gates' Af. Amer. tracing the roots special. http://www.pbs.org/wnet/aalives/ That guy is always on point. Common once said "Not knowing the future, I don't repeat the past. I know enough to know I don't know much" well i add on because not knowing my past i cant fully see my future. There was so much freedom in knowing the history of their families and the stories though not all good provided them with answers and showed ways in which Black communities were held together after the abolition of slavery through the Black church.

Gates stated something in which I always knew, to pharaphrase "racism wasn't about pigmentation, or the color of skin...it was about economics" Throughout the last year and a half of my undergrad studies I started to really have an interest in sociology and take many classes dealing with race gender and class. I started to explore the word and practice of capitalism and how it relates to slavery, reconstruction, post reconstruction, civil rights movement and present time.

Willie Lynch exposed this secret conspirancy to us through his speech, "the making of a slave" (sorry for the long quotes but its my blog...lo sient por ti...u know how i mean it)

"...I am here to introduce you to a method of solving them. In my bag here, I HAVE A FULL PROOF METHOD FOR CONTROLLING YOUR BLACK SLAVES. I guarantee every one of you that if installed correctly IT WILL CONTROL THE SLAVES FOR AT LEAST 300 HUNDREDS YEARS. My method is simple. Any member of your family or your overseer can use it. I HAVE OUTLINED A NUMBER OF DIFFERENCES AMONG THE SLAVES; AND I TAKE THESE DIFFERENCES AND MAKE THEM BIGGER. I USE FEAR, DISTRUST AND ENVY FOR CONTROL PURPOSES. These methods have worked on my modest plantation in the West Indies and it will work throughout the South. Take this simple little list of differences and think about them. On top of my list is "AGE" but it's there only because it starts with an "A." The second is "COLOR" or shade, there is INTELLIGENCE, SIZE, SEX, SIZES OF PLANTATIONS, STATUS on plantations, ATTITUDE of owners, whether the slaves live in the valley, on a hill, East, West, North, South, have fine hair, course hair, or is tall or short. Now that you have a list of differences, I shall give you a outline of action, but before that, I shall assure you that DISTRUST IS STRONGER THAN TRUST AND ENVY STRONGER THAN ADULATION, RESPECT OR ADMIRATION. The Black slaves after receiving this indoctrination shall carry on and will become self refueling and self generating for HUNDREDS of years, maybe THOUSANDS. Don't forget you must pitch the OLD black Male vs. the YOUNG black Male, and the YOUNG black Male against the OLD black male. You must use the DARK skin slaves vs. the LIGHT skin slaves, and the LIGHT skin slaves vs. the DARK skin slaves. You must use the FEMALE vs. the MALE. And the MALE vs. the FEMALE. You must also have you white servants and over- seers distrust all Blacks. But it is NECESSARY THAT YOUR SLAVES TRUST AND DEPEND ON US. THEY MUST LOVE, RESPECT AND TRUST ONLY US. Gentlemen, these kits are your keys to control. Use them. Have your wives and children use them, never miss an opportunity. IF USED INTENSELY FOR ONE YEAR, THE SLAVES THEMSELVES WILL REMAIN PERPETUALLY DISTRUSTFUL. Thank you gentlemen."

Divide and conquer has always been the "american way" and it is still prevalant today. I believe that capitalism is the umbrella in which racism, sexism, classism and other -ism are byproducts (no one is more/less powerful than the next). So many people are dividing themselves based on who is the "more oppressed" group...guess what....there is none, if we keep fussing and fighting over hierarchy of oppression, that group who has been at the top will continue to be at the top. Audre Lourde states, "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House"

Let that soak for a while and ima be back tomorrow.

No comments: