TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Thanks cuz!!!! ur my favorite now!!!!!!

Thanks cuz, I owe you one...well a couple...lol.

I love this pic. I took this a couple of weeks ago in the Chi.

LOL, this morning I had to bring my lil cuz to school. We walk outside and I see a flat tire...oh no...well not really in an upset tone, but I turned and proceeded to call GEICO to make good on their roadside assistance deal. Wow, I didn't know pop-a-lock changed tires? learn something new everyday...huh?

One thing people don't know about New Orleans right now, is that business is booming for tire companies...nails and debris is still EVERYWHERE and our tires are suffering. I brought my cuz to see my aunt's house last night. It used to be a 2 story house but an oak tree from their backyard fell on the house and well...one story it is now...and they were in it when it happened! Anyways my unc. had a FEMA trailer set up in front of their house. Wow my first time in a FEMA trailer. I wish I had my camera with me last night. The trailer is made to house 5 people, though many would agree, one could barely live in there comfortably. It's funny because the whole time we were there, I kept thinking about that GEICO commercial "THE HOUSE WAS BUILT TOO SMALL" I'm blessed. I joke about this trailer, but the facts are these trailers have become HOMES to many of our residents in the GNO area. And NO EVERYONE who NEEDS a trailer has received one...enough on that.

In all, I think I got a nail in my tire last night and that's why it was flat today.

Long meetings at work today...loll. MY CEO is one of the funniest people I know. I don’t' think she realizes that though. She's a tough woman. I laugh every time I think about my interview with her (this was only 8 months ago). I had just graduated and was leaving for Puerto Rico the next day. I had already had my interview with my g.m. and now the ceo wanted to meet me. I went to her office and sat behind a table; she was sitting in this big mahogany leather chair and turned around slowly after I sat down. LOL. She began to ask me about myself, and i tell ya i was sooo intimidated by her voice she told me to take a couple of deep breaths. The interview went good, we somehow ended up talking about Sex in the City and then she offered me the position. Well 8 months later she amazes me. Katrina changed our relationship. I really got to know who she was, respecting her for what she has been able to do as a person and with her company but being able to critique aspects about my job and the company to increase profitability for both of us. It just sucks sometimes that since I am the youngest person there, she respects my opinion but sometimes pulls a motherly type role on me...alright i am babbling on so im bout to peace out

No comments: