Wow, this week has gone by so fast...well these 3 months have just flown by. It's a trip because in 5 months I'll be starting all over again. :::)
my cuz was accepted into Loyola, yeah!!!! I'm proud of all my lil ones. Your foundation is almost complete; you've been given the necessary tools to begin your house. It can be as big as you dream or a one room shack...Katrinas, Ivans, Georges and Cindy are bound to happen, its inevitable but the true test is how you choose to handle them. Words of wisdom...give it up and be obedient...trust me.
Anyways, wow has it really been 3 years we've been looking for weapons of mass destruction??? ER was real good last night
Since the State of the Black Union, I have been thinking about something Harry Belafonte said about Min. Farrakhan. Of course I am paraphrasing, Belafonte was commenting on Farrakhan’s statements of not trusting a gov't who has never fulfilled a promise it has given to Black America. Farrakhan suggested using tax dollars allocated to public schools and build our own. Basically doing for ourselves, never depending on the gov't because we constantly are let down. Belafonte agreed with the views Farrakhan had of the gov't but felt that he still had faith in a democracy he and others fought long and hard to be a part of. But the thing that I've been having on my mind is when Belafonte expressed that he doesn’t agree with everything (and some days nothing that Farrakhan) is saying, but Farrakhan makes him THINK.
That's deep. We are living in a reaction world where thinking has somehow subtracted itself from the equation. My boss is constantly asking me to make decisions in a split second and she is frustrated when I say I need time to THINK things through. I have lived some part of my adult life without THINKING situations though, because if I did think some things through, I wouldn't have had to go through some real shit in my life...unnecessary shit. THINK. WORDS. POWER. LIBERATION. LIFE. LIVE. FREE. Kweli says "I'm learning words got power, so ima be specific" THINK about shit. you see shit on t.v. hear shit on the radio...believe none of what you see and none of what you hear. Do your own research. Read a damn book or two. Have a conversation and don't invite ignorance. Challenge the norm, go against the grain for what you believe in. Get to KNOW YOURSELF. Have an opinion. Know when its necessary to voice it. Know when its necessary to let fools argue amongst themselves.
and im out
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(171)
-
▼
March
(20)
- Friday Night Lights....April Fools
- How long will they morn ya?
- Roll Call
- Love song
- Costa Rica...was that really 2004????
- wow a year ago?
- I'm Bossy!!!!!
- Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!
- anyone out there
- Thanks cuz!!!! ur my favorite now!!!!!!
- Ahhhhh
- Don't go talkin that shit Badu, Badu
- V for Vendetta
- THINK
- wheres my snares
- Playa why u hatin????
- Woke up this morning...(sopranos them song) arite ...
- omg this is so funny i had to blog it twice
- my okayplayer post
- My favorite m.c.!!!!!!!!!
-
▼
March
(20)

No comments:
Post a Comment