TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans

It took FOREVER to get to the airport this evening...TRAFFIC ALL through the town.

I shed a tear with a stranger while on the plane. Listen up, don't be fooled and think Katrina was something that happened August 29 2005. Shit is complicated, but I shed a tear over something so simple...the right to return home. Again, don't be fooled because you see the city putting on Mardi Gras...TRUST! If you do your research on who puts on majority of these parades that are a part of PRIVATE organizations who pool from their OWN money...you wouldn't be that suprised to know those are the same people who were/are able to return to New Orleans without the assistance of federal monies. PEOPLE ARE NOT ABLE TO RETURN HOME New Orleans is so much more than the titties and Bourbon st, the french quarter, the multi million dollar homes on st. charles. New Orleans was founded upon a culture different in every aspect, french, catholic, check your slave history, check ya Treme history, check ya jazz history, check ya blues history, etc.

The right/option to return HOME

I've seen this sign all around the city since I've been back



Uh huh, I do...but I don't have to miss here from so far away. I wanna give other people that chance.

And PLEASE understand...there's a 9th ward, downtown, extreme poverty, racism,etc. in your city...What's your Katrina? What are you doing to prevent it from reaching Catagory 5 levels?

2 comments:

POPS said...

i miss my home too. dope post.

The Minority Reporter said...

Thanks. U from da NO?