TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Un-shun:::insert silly comment:::Re-shun LMAO

So I'm bloggin straight from the biblioteca.

I am proud to claim the day productive!!!! Yeah! Solo weekend #1 is halfway over...only 3 more to go...eh, with the exception of a little time at Jazz Fest :)

Overall yesterday I left work feeling satisfied with some things and unsatisfied with others. I had a client that I initially met eh, a week ago. I finally spoke to her yesterday to get some additional documents and she ended up coming by the office to talk to me. For those who don't know I work with a non profit agency that helps families facing eviction and/or homelessness (well, that's one of my jobs lol). I don't agree with some of the tactics, requirements and bullish that clients have to adhere to but I really think I'm there for a reason...even if it's to emotionally comfort the client while serving them. Anyways my client came over and we just had a real conversation. She's 28, has 2 children, facing eviction, disconnection of utilities, unemployed, and also has severe phenominia (she also died on the emergency room table during her last hospital stay two months ago).
By the end of the day Friday I was able to stop her landlord from persuing her case legally and able establish two contacts in the city that MIGHT be able to help with her utility bill. While waiting for my contacts I decided I'd try to call the utility company to see if I could get an extenstion for my client's disconnect date. Here's how the conversation went:
Me: Hi, I'm the Minority Reporter, I work for a nonprofit agency and I would like to make a pledge on a client's account and ask for an extension of disconnect
Da Utility Co: Oh, that's no problem at all. I just need your information and the account number of your client. You don't need to ask for an extension. When a nonprofit pledges an account we take the disconnect notice off and basically tag the account as "paid"
Me: Oh really, okay, here's the information
D.U.C.: Okay, thanks, MR, I just need to transfer you so that you can get this settled.
D.U.C.#2: Good afternoon, how may I help you
::::I repeat all that was said to the previous person and was given the same information and transfered:::
D.U.C. #3: Good afternoon, how may I help you
:::I try not to be fustrated this time and again repeat all that was said to the previous person:::
D.U.C. #3: Oh, I'm sorry. I can't help you with that. You would need to call the finance department, they handle pledges.
Me: What's their number?
D.U.C. #3: Your director should have that phone number?
Me: My director? She is telling me that she doesn't have the phone number. What is the issue that you can't supply me with the number?
D.U.C. #3: It's a security precaution, ma'am
Me: Wait, are we talking about a Phone #?
D.U.C. #3: Yes, ma'am
Me: And NO one in your department has this number that MY director is Suppose to have?
D.U.C. #3: No, ma'am
Me: So, I have a client, who has two young children, has a pledge to relieve her from disconnection of her utilities and it can't be done because you don't have the number to the finance department?
D.U.C. #3: Umm, yes ma'am
Me: You know this is bullshit right?
D.U.C. #3: I'm sorry ma'am

:::hangs up the phone disguisted *&%(&#*(&$#*&$#(*$#)_(@)#(@*)*%)(&%#*)&#)$*#)*)$*#@*@*#@:::

I get a call from the Jesuits saying they might be able to help out and pay it directly.

Eh, it was a good day. One could only hope what Monday will bring.

No comments: