TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Understanding and wisdom became the rhythm that I played to And became a slave to master self

One of my friends became a Mother yesterday. It was only likely that we reminisced on our college days and how far in life we've come since then. As we talked and joked about the Summer of 2000 (water balloon fights with the neighbors in the adjacent apt...on the second floor! lol her teaching me how to drive in someone else's car LMAO, summer flings, late night conversations, roommate fights, love & basketball, Nickas who wear Timbs in the summer lol) I had to take a step back and acknowledge the strength of our friendship. From dumb ass fights to real ish she's had my back through it all and even though she's an hour away I know she'd be here if need be.

Since that Summer of 2000 I've experienced both ends of phucked up friendships. I've had to learn to forgive myself for my phucked up actions to acknowledge the lessons that ultimately had to be learned in order for me to grow. I still phuck up from time to time but that's just because I'm stubborn...well maybe strong willed lol.

I believe that friendships are seasonal and some expire once certain life experiences are completed. Everyone is in our life for a reason...Yes, even ________(fill in the blank):( but don't get caught up in the hype trying to predict people through tomorrow's situations...enjoy who you have today and let that ish just Be!

"Never looking back
or too far in front of me
The present is a gift
and I just wanna BE"

1 comment:

POPS said...

nice. the ending quote captured the essence of all that you wrote. powerful.