TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Saturday, April 01, 2006

some random blog

Okay my venting is over. I think I'm blogging too much today; well I'll justify it someway by not writing for the rest of the week. I just had a good conversation with family...wow I really have a lot to learn.

Ever had a day where you realize you have truly forgiven somebody? I have. It didn't come easy, but it came.

I've influenced someone to see V for Vendetta; I don't want to have a conversation with them about it though.

I told someone I have been real lazy lately...they told me it was post dramatic stress...I told them I was just being lazy

I think I'm going to delete my last blog...I googled something and someone's blog came up

I will start walking again this week

This has turned into some random blog

I never knew people REALLY listen to A LOT of things I say...grown woman shit...random shit...race stuff "These days I'm learning that words got power so I'ma be specific" -kweli

I influenced someone to get a blog last week

I'ma influence someone to join the book club this week ::wink:: j ta da e-d

I finally saw Rachel today...for those who don't know, I think this woman single handedly changed my life. She was one of my Sociology teachers, but I met her about a year before I took her class. I was working in a Black art gallery during my junior? year in college. She comes in the store browsing and really spending time looking at the artwork. She purchases a couple of pieces and we began talking. Disclaimer::::I don't do small talk very well:::: I ask her about her interests in the pictures she chose. I thought she was going to tell me that she was buying the pics because they "went with" something in her house. But naw...she was on some real deal stuff. We talked about some race issues and I could tell she was the realness. She told me she taught at my university and that I should check out her class sometime. I eventually took her Racial Issues class...whew that class wasn't a breeze, but it challenged me to the fullest, the work was demanding but manageable
the hardest thing was understanding some of the people in our class and also realizing some prejudices I had. My point is...Rachel is a damn good teacher/mentor I'm glad to have met her

"Thy will be done" -God constantly realizing what this means

Okay daylight savings time has crept up on me once again so I have to shut it down

holla

2 comments:

CA said...

ur crazy.

i wanna see V for vendetta!

The Minority Reporter said...

then we shall hane a conversation when u do