Okay, so why did Oprah move her Legends Ball?
Happy late moms day!!!! I effs with all the women who had a hand in raising me. Thanks!
Had a chill weekend. Nicole, Kisha and the kids came in town. I think all of my friends have huge families, you know, the kind where there’s always "the kind of _____, who is always_____"
Things felt sort of "normal" this weekend. Though I don’t actually know what "normal" is, and I think ima stop using that "n" word, cause what is normal actually?
"Glad things are back to normal" is that a state of complacency that we are comfortable in being? Really, what is ur definition of the “n” word? A day or constant period of time when the demand for change isn't required?
I don't want to be "normal." I ain't gonna lie, at one time I did. I conformed to whatever the people around me were doing plus some. I didn't know myself, so I defined me through others, conforming to someone else's normal state of being. Ish happened, times, situations and people changed and I found myself by myself. I did have to learn the hard way. I was put in situations that confirmed God was my only sense of strength and being. During this time I learned to be obedient to God and let time heal the rest of those wounds. Through my struggles I learned who I really was and who I had the potential to be…I you know me then u know normal is not in my character. Through life situations, God continues to teach me.
I watch America’s next top model faithfully, and every week Tyra (and her blinking eyes) tells the girls “If you want to be a model and win this competition, you have to stand out and distinguish yourself from the other girls here” then she goes on to “I have only 2 photographs in my hand, one of the you will stay, the other girl, who I do not call must immediately…LMAO.
Naw for real, we are ordinary people, but our potential self is extraordinary.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(171)
-
▼
May
(25)
- My…I need to stop and catch a breath while giving ...
- awww yeah!!!! and it's on like a pecan...pronounce...
- da B.K.!!! what!!!!
- lol my w.b.f. (work best friend)
- Wake up New Orleans
- Is imitation the best form of flattery????
- what!
- and YEAH i voted for nagin
- i saw this today when i exercised MY RIGHT to VOTE...
- WHAT??!!!!?????!!!!!
- okay tyra, i forgive u for last cycle
- in response to an earlier conversation....
- the "n" word
- sigh
- for my cuz
- This pic is so dope!!
- jazz fest 06
- "it's impossible"
- lo siento por ti...it mad me smile
- I'm the real No ID
- It's the real ish i miss
- getting my passport ready. might have another coun...
- question?
- last night i deleted my blog
- again
-
▼
May
(25)

No comments:
Post a Comment