"Free from the emotional tangle, I could see the deep truth I was blind to while I sat in judgment: the innocence in what we do when we hurt one another because of our lack of understanding" -Susan L. Taylor
I admire this woman.
Every month I can't wait to get the new issue of Essence magazine to read Ms. Taylor's editorial. that's a powerful sister.
Congrats are due to my lil cuz who graduated from the MAX high school yesterday http://www.xavierprep.com/MAXSchool.htm/
Kweli & the Roots next weekend!!! it ain't rcmh, but it'll due
Damn, i hate driving to Houston, but I know there's a tivo full of Sopranos for me to watch!!!!!
I've been EXTREMELY busy at work this past week, and this week isn't going to be any better. good thing i have a mini vacation round the corner.
essence is starting to announce lineups for the seminars (i think this is the best part of essence...plus it's FREE! what!) which includes:
ANGELA DAVIS!!!!! WHAT!!!!! ya'll just don't know how __________ this woman truly is. "there are no words"
Jill Scott
Marian Wright Edelman
Min. Louis Farrakhan
Bruce Gordon
Julianne Malveaux
Kevin Powell
John Bryant
Magic Johnson
Yolanda Adams
Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee (this woman is the ish)
Etan Thomas
Hydeia Broadbent (this young lady is truly remarkable)
etc...
but i don't actually know why karrine steffans is on this list????
arite, i have work to do. Holla!!!!
Sunday, May 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(171)
-
▼
May
(25)
- My…I need to stop and catch a breath while giving ...
- awww yeah!!!! and it's on like a pecan...pronounce...
- da B.K.!!! what!!!!
- lol my w.b.f. (work best friend)
- Wake up New Orleans
- Is imitation the best form of flattery????
- what!
- and YEAH i voted for nagin
- i saw this today when i exercised MY RIGHT to VOTE...
- WHAT??!!!!?????!!!!!
- okay tyra, i forgive u for last cycle
- in response to an earlier conversation....
- the "n" word
- sigh
- for my cuz
- This pic is so dope!!
- jazz fest 06
- "it's impossible"
- lo siento por ti...it mad me smile
- I'm the real No ID
- It's the real ish i miss
- getting my passport ready. might have another coun...
- question?
- last night i deleted my blog
- again
-
▼
May
(25)

No comments:
Post a Comment