TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wake up New Orleans

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/HurricaneKatrina/wireStory?id=1941595/

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=30584/


http://www.nola.com/frontpage/t-p/index.ssf?/base/news-5/114846771550150.xml/


Really???? I mean what the hell is going on in New Orleans? We are so worried about keeping people out while murder is making a sure creep in the back door.

No need to revisit pre-Katrina New Orleans. Let’s call a spade a spade and stop the romanticizing of New Orleans. Yeah, it’s my city, my stompin’ grounds, the place I call home, but I’m not blind. Daily murders…children killing children killing adults…for what?????

You know I really don’t have answers, just asking myself a lot of questions lately.

Why?

No really, why?

When Dr. Cosby was down here for the rally to vote he posed the question, “what kind of village do we want back?”

Huh???? Talk a little louder I can’t hear you?

I feel like pulling a Larry (and not Lawrence) Fishbourn in the closing scene in School Daze… “WAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE UUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! EVERYBODY, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE UPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

No comments: