TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Saturday, November 18, 2006

"everything that happens
happens for a reason
and one man's forever
might be God's season"
(c) Common

I've probably quoted this at least 3 times in my blog alone, but, how do you know when the season has past? God's will is a strange thing. Not strange in weird or abnormal but strange in the way that it will be what it is, but it's on us to accept it.

I've been dealing with some issues of "am i staying in this one place to long" It was decent when it started and I've reaped tremendous benefits from it, but I think it's time. But here's where God's will comes in. Release from one situation to another won't always be mutually agreed upon. Trust. Sometimes you do have to go through that valley to get to the other side.

I guess I just need to reassure myself that it's gonna be alright.

I just get disappointed in how low people actually stoop for self gratification, and the means in which they justify their actions.

To you I say, "Dig a hole, go head & bury yourself!"

i mean that.

i still got some growing to do. i didn't say i was perfect!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God's will is a strange thing. Not strange in weird or abnormal but strange in the way that it will be what it is, but it's on us to accept it."

You know what? I think that's the most elegant and meaningful summary of free will and God's will that I've ever seen. No, seriously.

I went through some stuff in 2005 that had me thinking of God's will as a punishment, and it took me a while to wake up.

The Minority Reporter said...

Thanks.

I spent the first 21 yrs of my life resenting God's will. This is probably why these years of my life are filled with turmoil and more valleys than the Grand Canyon. But the trip part about those years...God was still with me, and that's a blessing.

Unconditional love. whew. thank God for that right?

I even look at Hurricane Katrina differently. Sure, I lost all my material possessions, but I'm still here, my family and friends are alive and well. God provided for me before Katrina, I would be a fool to doubt that he would do the same afterwards. Every Sunday we begin service with the saying "God is Good, ALL THE TIME"

indeed he is