TMR's in the housseeeeeee!

My photo
6 pair of kicks is my definition of 12 steps

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I stay long winded like sayin' George Papadopoulous

I've been up since 4:30 am...why???!?!?!??!?!?! sheeed, cause i couldn't go back to sleep

too much on my brain.

gotta stop worrying about people

can't change them

gotta work on me

Acceptance

I thought about having a productive night, chaknow, wrapping gifts and all. I was smart in buying this gift wrap pack from target, paper, ribbons, cards..ya know...everything but TAPE!!!!! i put that ish to the left, to the left and now i have to do it all tomorrow.

i gotta pack.

i hate flying at night :(

i still have a couple more things to buy.

i don't think ima make it to the cathedral tomorrow night

when my lease is up, i'm moving back uptown...that's the way my blood runs lol

the architect came to visit the church a couple of weeks ago. it'll take $800k to get the church in pre-katrina condition...around $3 million to get it to where we are headed for

interestingly enough...u some people don't find a connection in the lack of return of black churches and the rise of crime, drugs, domestic violence & suicides in New Orleans post-katrina

I'm thinking about starting a lil side hustle for the new year!!!!! I'll let ya'll know once I've finished praying on it...oh and finish getting the legal ish straight...then I'll let ya'll know

it's raining???? damn, well i hope it brings some cool weather for christmas...remember the Christmas before Katrina when it snowed. For all ya'll who ain't from N.O. ya'll wouldn't understand but it was dope. we was all outside actin like we was really building snow men and making snow angels lol. memories.

ah

2006. not so bad of a year. traveled a lot! didn't think i'd be back in New Orleans. it's home...at least til i graduate. the fam's still all over. back living on my own. every aspect of my life has changed. i still haven't seem some loved ones since katrina. this is still the city that care forgot...love's trying to heal that though. people are literally dying from heart ache. strong people are trying to commit suicides. public school system is returning back to normal aka promoting a pipeline from education to the hospitality industry to perpetuated the tourism industry in New Orleans. some haven't started rebuilding. some are still waiting.

waiting

waiting. to see what the city's gonna do. the city's still waiting.

waiting

waiting...just waiting.

families still living in FEMA trailers. have you ever been in a FEMA trailer????? u know the bathrooms on an airplane? that's the size of a fema trailer bathroom...I AM NOT exaggerating

people need counseling. we're all trying to survive. mentally. it's hard. financially it's hard. spiritually it's hard.

u gotta trust. have faith.

2005 was a breakthrough.

N.O. we can do it.

i love my city. i love uptown. i love downtown. i love NOPS. i love canal st after school. i love st. aug's talent show. #35 explosion. the plaza. the lake on sundays. red beans on mondays. catfish and potato salad on fridays. second lines. da indians. super sunday. under the bridge on mardi gras. christmas in the oaks. walks in audubon park. house of blues on thursday. bally's casino on ya birthday. shopping at lakeside after a long work day. essence weekend. bayou classic. sugar bowl. loni on the radio. gumbo on christmas. fried turkey on thanksgiving. everybody in church on easter. the way i walk. my twang when i talk. the way i go "make" groceries. ooohhh dat brown beat on any song.

i love it all

that's why I'm here

who knows if she'll continue to reciprocate this love

one could only hope

but

for right now

i'm not giving up

No comments: