I know I'm not the only one that breaks into songs from Dreamgirls at random times throughout the day "step into the bad side. step into the baaaaad side"
omG, school starts next tuesday...that means it's going down this weekend!:::does the zoom zoom:::
"what about what I need? what about what's best for me?"
In the midst of the funniest pedicure I caught a glimpse of the nightly news that featured a section on New Orleans. Brian Williams began to report New Orleans had more deaths (by murder) in the last week than in Iraq. Wow.
interesting
i guess this is the part where i go on and rant and rave on how effed up life really is down here. how some things haven't changed. how people are Pissed off down here. how we are still facing the same problems pre-katrina but with the added adversities of rebuilding, shitty, ruthless, theiving contractors, family members scattered throughout the U.S., and now 14 murders and we're only 7 days into the new year.
it's not that i neglect to blog about these issues b/c i'm ignorant to the facts and choose to focus on something else worth writing about.
it's just that
this is life. this shit here is real. this is what I'm walking out my front door to. it's surreal at times.
but i guess that's why i'm looking forward to school starting. talking and working in a setting that directly has a positive effect my community is the dopest part of the m.a. program i'm in. working with professors and faculty who are Really out in the community (pre and post katrina) making a difference
shit, don't let the blog fool ya. my crew is unfucwitable
"look at me. look at me. I am changing"
speaking of...isn't that the dopest song
All of my life I've been a fool
Who said I can do it on my own
How many good friends have I already lost?
How many dog nights have I known?
Walking down that wrong road
There was nothing I could find
All those years of darkness
Looking for some light
But now I can see
girl testify!
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(82)
-
▼
January
(18)
- A little Bee told me
- I'm having nightmares...sometime i be 'noid
- I'm taking my freedom, puttin it on a chain, weari...
- PHuck Statistics!!! and i mean dat ish too!
- Stand Up NOLA...JAzz feSt is back in a BIG way!!!!
- February 20, 2007...it's going down
- Racial autobiography
- Woke up this morning...got yourself a gun
- dance like rudy huxtable scoring a touchdown, hand...
- the more homework i have to do, the more i think o...
- Step into the bad side, step into the baaad side
- i think i heart this man in a way that would be di...
- eh??? "b4 steve jobs made the ipod" (c) hov
- Heavy, heavy. You got so heavy on me.
- today was indeed better
- today sUcked. Tomorrow will be better
- curse u with 1 less finger than oprah, to danny gl...
- Sometimes I keep it simple, f*ck what da nerds say...
-
▼
January
(18)

No comments:
Post a Comment