“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
The series of events that has shaped my life up until this very moment had me doubting and feeling inadequate for the turns (for the best) my life has taken. I often think I am not worthy of these blessings. I often sight my faults even when no one else can see them. I often feel that my hard work and determination are not worthy of the praises from others. It sometimes seems selfish of me to accept these praises and blessings when I know personally how others have sacrificed for me to be in this place. I say Thank you. Publicly, privately, spiritually I thank God for each and every one of you.
I am exactly where I need to be, to get to where I need to be going. I am full off of what I've learned but yet hungry for the lessons that are yet to be revealed.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(82)
-
▼
January
(18)
- A little Bee told me
- I'm having nightmares...sometime i be 'noid
- I'm taking my freedom, puttin it on a chain, weari...
- PHuck Statistics!!! and i mean dat ish too!
- Stand Up NOLA...JAzz feSt is back in a BIG way!!!!
- February 20, 2007...it's going down
- Racial autobiography
- Woke up this morning...got yourself a gun
- dance like rudy huxtable scoring a touchdown, hand...
- the more homework i have to do, the more i think o...
- Step into the bad side, step into the baaad side
- i think i heart this man in a way that would be di...
- eh??? "b4 steve jobs made the ipod" (c) hov
- Heavy, heavy. You got so heavy on me.
- today was indeed better
- today sUcked. Tomorrow will be better
- curse u with 1 less finger than oprah, to danny gl...
- Sometimes I keep it simple, f*ck what da nerds say...
-
▼
January
(18)

No comments:
Post a Comment