MLK Convocation - Lecture
McAlister Auditorium
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
07:00 PM - 08:30 PM
21st ANNUAL MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. WEEK FOR PEACE ACTIVITIES JANUARY 15-19, 2007
Theme: "Defining Our Citizenship: Uniting Communities"
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Cornel West
One of America's most gifted and provocative public intellectuals, Dr. Cornel West's writing, speaking, and teaching weaves together the American traditions of the Black Baptist Church, progressive politics, and jazz. Dr. West graduated from Harvard in three years, magna cum laude, and Martin Kilson, one of Dr. West's professors, recalls him as "the most intellectually aggressive and highly cerebral student I have taught in my 30 years here."
Also
-- Presidential Lifetime Achievement Award recipient announced
-- Student Community Service Award recipients announced
Admission is free of charge. This event is open to public. For more information, call 504-865-5181. The event is being hosted by: Multicultural Affairs Office, and is sponsored by: Dillard, Loyola, Tulane and Xavier Universities.
Event Status: Confirmed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(82)
-
▼
January
(18)
- A little Bee told me
- I'm having nightmares...sometime i be 'noid
- I'm taking my freedom, puttin it on a chain, weari...
- PHuck Statistics!!! and i mean dat ish too!
- Stand Up NOLA...JAzz feSt is back in a BIG way!!!!
- February 20, 2007...it's going down
- Racial autobiography
- Woke up this morning...got yourself a gun
- dance like rudy huxtable scoring a touchdown, hand...
- the more homework i have to do, the more i think o...
- Step into the bad side, step into the baaad side
- i think i heart this man in a way that would be di...
- eh??? "b4 steve jobs made the ipod" (c) hov
- Heavy, heavy. You got so heavy on me.
- today was indeed better
- today sUcked. Tomorrow will be better
- curse u with 1 less finger than oprah, to danny gl...
- Sometimes I keep it simple, f*ck what da nerds say...
-
▼
January
(18)

2 comments:
Hey Gurl,
I just read your comment over on Pops page. I just want to say thank you for writing about what is going on in NOLA. One thing Blogger is good for is hearing the real story from the ground, as opposed to what the media shows us. My family is from DeRitter, Alexandria and Lake Charles, so they were hit by Rita more than Katrina, only power outages. God Bless you and your people. Hang in there.
Thanks. Well I tried to leave a comment on your page...but uh...what's Vox? btw that j. hudson dress was on it!!!
Post a Comment